ON THE STREET
Six jackets with top notch weatherproofing, that don’t scream ‘outdoors geek’.
1. STYLE AND SUBSTANCE FJÄLLRÄVEN KEB TOURING DOWN WOMEN’S
Smack in the middle of the Keb range, this is a performance jacket with city styling. It also gets high marks for its use of recycled and sustainable fabrics.
2. HARD CORE, SOFT SHELL MAMMUT GORE-TEX ALL WEATHER
This jacket’s Gore-tex 50D two-layer construction is topped off with a soft finish for an all-weather jacket as suited to the city as the slopes.
3. BEAT THE RAIN PATAGONIA WOMEN’S STORM RACER
The H2NO Performance Standard shell makes this a fast mover: the three-layer construction mixes waterproofing and breathability with ultralight weight.
4. SWEDE SENSATION FJÄLLRÄVEN KEB TOURING DOWN
The Men’s version of the mid-range Keb product. There’s a lighter model for stuffing in your bag, and a more rugged jacket for four-season trekking.
5. PUT IT ON PARADE BURTON WARREN ANORAK
Channelling an army surplus vibe, this waxed nylon shell pulls on over your head, freeing the front for oversized pockets for your rations and such.
6. WINTER PLUMAGE PATAGONIA PLUMA
An eminently packable hard-as-nails hard shell whose clean lines are down to its primary mountain environmment but which fit in well in urban use.