Safety re­minder af­ter boy swal­lows coin

China Daily (Canada) - - CHINA -

A 10-year-old boy was taken to a hos­pi­tal af­ter he grabbed a game coin from his friends, placed it in his mouth and ac­ci­den­tally swal­lowed it, Chongqing Even­ing News re­ported. X-rays showed the coin was in the boy’s stom­ach, but a doc­tor at a chil­dren’s hos­pi­tal af­fil­i­ated to Chongqing Med­i­cal Univer­sity told his par­ents it would pass through the body nat­u­rally. Hos­pi­tal of­fi­cials re­minded par­ents to keep their chil­dren safe dur­ing the sum­mer va­ca­tion as a num­ber of young pa­tients have been treated af­ter ac­ci­den­tally swal­low­ing ob­jects.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from China

© PressReader. All rights reserved.