For­eign ex­perts may get longer visas

China Daily (Canada) - - NEWS CAPSULE -

China is con­sid­er­ing mak­ing it eas­ier for for­eign ex­perts to come and stay by of­fer­ing fiveor even 10-year mul­ti­ple-en­try visas.

Zhang Jian­guo, head of the State Ad­min­is­tra­tion of For­eign Ex­perts Affairs and a political ad­viser, said that this year he will try to make sure that the visa is­sue will not be­come a hur­dle pre­vent­ing high-end over­seas tal­ent from com­ing to China.

Many other coun­tries have adopted a flex­i­ble visa pol­icy for Chi­nese cit­i­zens.

“For ex­am­ple, many Chi­nese busi­ness­peo­ple or even stu­dents can ap­ply for 10-year mul­ti­pleen­try per­mits in the United States. I think ... we should en­sure that top over­seas tal­ented peo­ple who want to come and work in China can en­joy the same con­ve­nience,” he said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from China

© PressReader. All rights reserved.