Overheated child had seizure
A 3-year-old girl in Wuhan had a seizure on Dec 4 after her grandmother dressed her in five layers of clothing and took her out to play in the sunshine. The child, nicknamed Xi Xi, had just recovered from a fever so her grandma, surnamed Zhang, decided to dress her up warm before they went outside. However, the girl soon collapsed and began frothing at the mouth, leaving Zhang to call for an ambulance. When help arrived, doctors said Xi Xi had suffered febrile convulsions caused by overheating.
W U H A N E V E N I N G N E WS
C H E N G D U C O M M E R C I A L DA I LY