Highlights of Xi’s speech
Faced with global challenges, the G20 should:
• reinforce macroeconomic policy coordination, promote global economic growth and maintain financial stability;
• innovate development models and explore growth motivation; improve global economic governance;
• build an open world economy and promote trade and investment liberalization;
• implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The world’s Gini coefficient, ameasure of economic inequality, has reached around 0.7, higher than the recognized alarm level, which stands at 0.6. This is something we must pay close attention to.
To build a prosperous world, G20 should:
• keep up with the times and play a leading role, with the G20 shifting from a forum for crisis management to long-term administration;
• make the G20’s work more inclusive to meet the demands of people in all countries.