Hair dryer fire causes traffic jam
A fire involving a hair dryer caused a traffic jam at a busy estate in Nanjing’s Qixia district on Tuesday morning. Several fire trucks were dispatched to deal with the blaze. No deaths or injuries were reported, but the apartment involved was seriously damaged. An investigation suggested that the fire occurred after a tenant left her hair dryer plugged in when she went to work during a power outage. The power returned shortly after her departure, causing the device to overheat.