Work­ing hol­i­day fun awaits

Global Times – Metro Beijing - - TWO CENTS -

Nowa­days, it’s trendy for young peo­ple to work over­seas. Nev­er­the­less, it is ex­tremely es­sen­tial to get the right visas when work­ing out­side one’s home­land. ( De­ported from China, Au­gust 27)

Many coun­tries pro­vide var­i­ous kinds of work visas for for­eign­ers.

One very in­ter­est­ing one is the work and hol­i­day visa (WHV) that is of­fered in New Zealand and Aus­tralia.

It is a once-in-a-life­time visa for peo­ple be­tween 18 and 30. It gives young peo­ple from around the world the op­por­tu­nity to travel and work at the same time in New Zealand or Aus­tralia for a year.

About 5,000 WHVs from Aus­tralia and 1,000 from New Zealand are of­fered to Chi­nese.

When your visa is granted, you can go to one of the two coun­tries and start ap­ply­ing for jobs such as a dish­washer, a post­man, or a Chi­nese teacher. You can also work on a farm for free ac­com­mo­da­tions and food. Land­ing an of­fice job is hard for WHV hold­ers un­less your English is ex­tremely good.

When you have saved some money, you can travel through the coun­try and pick up a new job on the way when the need arises.

I ap­plied for a WHV visa for Aus­tralia. My work­ing hol­i­day will start in March 2018. I am look­ing for­ward to it. I won­der what job I will find. Kelsey Mo, by e-mail

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from China

© PressReader. All rights reserved.