WORDMATTERS

“The leg of lamb was too salty and old, but we did not think too much of it at the time and con­tin­ued to eat.”

Global Times – Metro Beijing - - TWOCENTS -

So said a woman sur­named He, who was di­ag­nosed with food poi­son­ing af­ter eat­ing a bar­be­cued lamb leg with four friends at a restau­rant in Chaoyang district. The woman de­vel­oped a high fever ac­com­pa­nied by a se­vere stom­achache and went to the hos­pi­tal where she was told that she had acute gas­troen­teri­tis caused by food poi­son­ing. Two of her friends had a more se­vere form of the same ill­ness, but the third was di­ag­nosed with vi­ral dysen­tery and hos­pi­tal­ized. The owner of the restau­rant said that he had ne­go­ti­ated with the cus­tomers and was will­ing to pay their med­i­cal bills. The Bei­jing food and drug watch­dog has launched an in­ves­ti­ga­tion. (Source: Bei­jing Morn­ing Post)

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from China

© PressReader. All rights reserved.