北京友谊宾馆

Friend­ship Ho­tel, Bei­jing

That's China - - Er Wai Prologue 二外序曲 -

Si­t­u­ated in Zhong­guan­cun, Haid­ian Dis­trict, Bei­jing and built in 1954, the ho­tel was re­named in 1956, and has re­tained the same af­fec­tion­ate ti­tle ever since. The build­ing was first uti­lized as ac­com­mo­da­tion for Soviet Union ex­perts sta­tioned in Bei­jing, and was opened to for­eign tourists from 1973. In its hey­day through­out the 1950s, the ho­tel ac­com­mo­dated thou­sands of ‘for­eign ex­perts’.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from China

© PressReader. All rights reserved.