A brief history of the Pupp family and Grandhotel Pupp was typewritten by Marie Pupp, née Mattoni, towards the end of the 19th century. On March 16, 1912, on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the family business, her son, Karl Pupp, updated the history and recorded it on a typewriter under the name Geschichte der Familie Pupp. These articles were a fundamental pillar aiding in the complementation of the book The Story of the Grandhotel Pupp. 1912 1923 The The modernizationrenovation of theof the Parkhotel GrandhoteluPupp was Pupp completedwas completed, all rooms are with bathrooms
1925 A big concert organ was built in the Festive Hall (by company O. Rieger, Krnov) 1925 In that same year, the walls of the staircase were decorated with imposing paintings entitled The Spring Fairy and The Discovery of the Spring by Carlsbad painter Wilhelm Schneider
1927 The Grandhotel Pupp ranked among the best hotels in the world, it was considered as the largest hotel, not only in Czechoslovakia, but also in Europe with a huge capacity of 400 rooms to its guests
1934 The house, known as God's Eye, was finally acquired, after decades of vain effort, however the old building was demolished in 1937
1938 The new God's Eye building was completed and its commercial premises were leased out for ten years to E. Braun Co. KarlsbadWien, the emblems with the company’s initials are visible on the Café Pupp facade even today.
1944 The Grandhotel Pupp changed into a military hospital
1946 The Grandhotel Pupp got under the state administration
The story continues in our next issue.