Ar­son ruled out by Po­lice, Na­tional Fire Au­thor­ity

Fiji Sun - - Nation - ARISHMA DEVI-NARAYAN Edited by Ru­si­ate Mataika

The case of a 37-year-old man who died in a house fire last month in Lau­toka will now be re­ferred to a res­i­dent mag­is­trate for in­quest. This rul­ing was made af­ter the Na­tional Fire Au­thor­ity and the Fiji Po­lice both ruled out the pos­si­bil­ity of a case of ar­son.

Chief of In­tel­li­gence and In­ves­ti­ga­tions ACP Luke Navela said in­ves­ti­ga­tion find­ings by Po­lice had ruled out foul play.

“As is the case with all un­nat­u­ral deaths, the in­ves­ti­ga­tion file once com­pleted will be for­warded to a Res­i­dent Mag­is­trate for in­quest,” ACP Navela said. The 37-year- old man of Velovelo, Lau­toka died on June 27. The de­ceased was sleep­ing at home with his 38 year old brother and his 65-year-old fa­ther when their home was en­gulfed in fire. The house was de­stroyed.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Fiji

© PressReader. All rights reserved.