Family Memories Go Up In Smoke At Nasole
Manoj Prasad was devastated yesterday to come home and see his house razed by a fire in Nasole, Nasinu. What hurt him the most was that memories of his late parents had gone up in smoke also. He said photos and other memorabilia he kept about his parents were all destroyed in the fire. Mr Prasad, 34, said he was only 21-years-old when his parents bought the house. He is an employee of Rups Big Bear in Raiwaqa.
The top flat of his corrugated iron house was on rent. He was staying at the bottom flat with his brother. Mr Prasad claimed the fire started from the top flat. It also spread and burned a neighbour’s home. Suresh Chand, owner of the second home, is a bus driver.
The Police are investigating. Edited by Paula Tuvuki
The two-flat house was burned to the ground in Nasole, Nasinu, yesterday.