CAPC MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART
Housed in a former warehouse for colonial goods, the Museum of Contemporary Art is dedicated to emerging contemporary work. The permanent exhibition, ‘Thus, it was written’ offers a selection of work from forty artists dating from the 1960’s to the present day. On the roof of the museum, the CAPC café, styled by Andrée Putman, is furnished with works by the same designer and others by the artist Richard Long.
2 THE CHARTRONS PAVED SQUARE
A residential thoroughfare of the great Bordeaux wine merchants, the old paved Pavé des Chartrons avenue is a fine example of an 18th century private housing estate, which presents a remarkable architectural unity. Opposite the river, Hôtel Fenwick was built in 1796 for the first Consul from the United States and is topped with two pavilions which allow one to observe the river activity. Cours Xavier Arnozan - B > CAPC Musée d’art contemporain
3 TEMPLE DES CHARTRONS
Built between 1832 and 1835 by the Bordeaux architect Arnaud Corcelles for the Protestant consistory, the temple is remarkable in its simplicity. At its entrance are four ionic columns. Decommissioned, it now houses technical equipment from the CAPC museum. 10 rue Notre Dame - B > CAPC Musée d’art contemporain