Prep time: 15 min Rest time: 2h30
Cooking time: 15 min
3 sprigs of stone leek
1 sprig of parsley
1 garlic clove
1 shallot 1/4 of an Antilles pepper
500 g of raw shrimp tails
200 g of flour 20 cl of water
1/2 bag of baking powder
1 l of frying oil
• Finely chop the herbs, garlic, shallot and the pepper. Set aside.
• Peel the shrimp tails and set them aside.
• Grab a salad bowl and toss in the flour, water, herbs, pepper, garlic and shallot. Add salt and pepper, then mix everything into a smooth paste. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Incorporate the baking powder and the whole shrimp. Stir well and refrigerate for another 30 minutes before frying.
• Heat up the oil. Once done, grab a small spoon and use it to pick up a shrimp covered in the mixture and fry it. Once the fritters are nice and golden, lay them out on paper towels. Serve and enjoy.
Note that the fritters cannot be reheated! As such, I advise you to serve them right after they’ve been cooked.