North of Pa­ris / Nord de Pa­ris

OISE: CHANTILLY Eques­trian Ex­tra­va­gan­zas Féé­rie équestre

GREATER PARIS - - [Contents] Sommaire - By Pa­tri­cia Va­li­cen­ti

The horse has ac­com­pa­nied man and man­kind since An­ti­qui­ty and this sto­ry through the cen­tu­ries is ex­plo­red in­side the 15 rooms of the Mu­sée du Che­val nest­led in­side the Great Stables of the Do­main of Chantilly with some 200 ob­jects brought to­ge­ther to ex­plore the di­ver­si­ty of this on-going re­la­tion­ship. The mu­seum delves in­to all ci­vi­li­sa­tions and all per­iods illus­tra­ted by a wide di­ver­si­ty of ob­jects ran­ging from pain­tings to en­gra­vings, sculp­tures and, too, carts, tools for horse tack and har­nesses and books. A high­light of the visit is the pa­no­ra­mic pro­jec­tion of Pa­rade that plunges the vi­si­tor in­to horses from cave pain­tings to the Wes­terns and even re­search in­to ana­to­my by ar­tists of the Re­nais­sance.

Meanw­hile, be­neath the splen­did dome of the Great Stables of Chantilly, the se­ven ta­len­ted hor­se­wo­men of the Eques­trian Com­pa­ny of the Do­main of Chantilly are per­for­ming in a co­lour­ful and thril­ling show en­tit­led Fan­tai­sies Equestres, an en­semble of num­bers crea­ted by the com­pa­ny’s ar­tis­tic di­rec­tor So­phie Bie­nai­mé and her hor­se­wo­men and which show­cases the com­pa­ny’s young horses. The num­bers from the Rus­sian Princes show performed at Chantilly are gi­ven a place of ho­nour as well with mo­ving se­quences played out to the sound of vio­lins and the ac­cor­dion. The show runs from Ju­ly 12th through to Au­gust 20th.

And the Jum­ping In­ter­na­tio­nal of Chantilly, sur­roun­ded by the Great Stables and the Castle of Chantilly, will be wel­co­ming the fi­nest eques­trian show jum­pers in the world du­ring the last leg of the Lon­gines Glo­bal Cham­pions Tour from Ju­ly 13th through to Ju­ly 16th with ad­mis­sion being free of charge. 03 44 27 31 80 - www.do­mai­ne­de­chan­tilly.com - www.jum­ping-chantilly.com SNCF train from the Gare du Nord Pa­ris-chantilly 25 mi­nutes

The splen­did Great Stables of Chantilly, part of the French Ins­ti­tute, were con­cei­ved by one of Man­sart's brilliant stu­dents, Jean Au­bert. They were built bet­ween 1719 and 1735 for Louis Hen­ri de Bour­bon, the se­venth Prince of Con­dé who in­he­ri­ted the do­main in 1710, and they could house 240 horses. His­to­ric mo­nu­ments since 1963, they are a mas­ter­piece of clas­si­cal French-style ar­chi­tec­ture.

Newspapers in French

Newspapers from France

© PressReader. All rights reserved.