Boy from deadly house fire in Thes­sa­loniki dis­charged

Kathimerini English - - Front Page -

A 10-year-old boy who was res­cued on Tues­day from a house fire that killed his grand­par­ents and his 18-month-old sis­ter in the Thes­sa­loniki sub­urb of Korde­lio was re­leased from the Pa­pa­geor­giou Hos­pi­tal yes­ter­day and given a clean bill of health. The boy was res­cued by plumber Theodoros Kalt­sidis, who was work­ing on a con­struc­tion site near the four-story fam­ily apart­ment build­ing when the fire broke out. It is be­lieved the blaze was caused by the boy’s grand­fa­ther pour­ing gasoline over him­self and set­ting it alight. A 24-year-old man, be­lieved to be the grand­fa­ther’s adopted son, re­mained in crit­i­cal con­di­tion yes­ter­day, with doc­tors say­ing he has suf­fered burns over 75 per­cent of his body.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Greece

© PressReader. All rights reserved.