Lalu’s tainted record
In 2013, Lalu Prasad was convicted in one of 6 Fodder Scam cases. Following the conviction he can’t fight an election. Available with ADR (Association for Democratic Reforms), as per the affidavit filed by Lalu Prasad Yadav himself for the Lok Sabha Election 2009, he was then facing total 7 cases as an accused. The pending criminal cases against Lalu Prasad Yadav were following:
1. IPC Sections - 120 B, 420, 201, 511, 418, 409, 467, 468, 471, 477(A), 473, 472 , Other Details - 13(2) r.w 13(1)(c)(d) of prevention of corruption Act1988, Case No- RC-20(A)/96
2. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-38(a)/96
3. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-47(A)/96
4. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-63(A)/96
5. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-64(A)/96
6. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-68(A)/96
7. IPC Sections - , Other Details - RC-5(A)/98
IPC Section Description:
120: Concealing design to commit offence punishable with imprisonment.
201: Causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender.
409: Criminal breach of trust by public servant, or by banker, merchant or agent.
418: Cheating with knowledge that wrongful loss may ensue to person whose interest offender is bound to protect.
420: Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.
467: Forgery of valuable security, will, etc.
468: Forgery for purpose of cheating.
471: Using as genuine a forged document or electronic record.
472: Making or possessing counterfeit seal, etc., with intent to commit forgery punishable under section 467.
473: Making or possessing counterfeit seal, etc., with intent to commit forgery punishable otherwise.
477A: Falsification of accounts.
511: attempting to commit offences punishable with imprisonment for life or other imprisonment.