TRIVIA ON THE KIDS MAR­KET SEG­MENT:

Apparel - - Brand Profile -

Ac­cord­ing to Kanti Prakash Brahma, Prin­ci­pal Con­sul­tant - Fash­ion at Technopak: • In­dia’s do­mes­tic ap­parel mar­ket was US$ 41 bil­lion in 2013 and the mar­ket is ex­pected to grow at a year-onyear growth rate of nine per cent. The kids’ ap­parel mar­ket at U.S$ 8.3 bil­lion ac­counts for 20 per cent of In­dia’s to­tal ap­parel mar­ket. The share of kids’ ap­parel is ex­pected to in­crease from 20 per cent in 2013 to 22 per cent in 2023. The kids’ ap­parel mar­ket is ex­pected to grow at a year-on-year growth rate of 10.5 per cent for next five years. Within this seg­ment, boys’ wear is ex­pected to grow at a year-on-year growth rate of 10 per cent while girls’ wear is ex­pected to grow at 11 per cent for the next five years. The boys’ seg­ment con­trib­utes 52 per cent to the kids’ wear mar­ket and the rest 48 per cent is con­trib­uted by the girls’ seg­ment. Branded kids’ wear re­tail in it­self is a high growth op­por­tu­nity area as the mar­ket is dom­i­nated ma­jorly by lo­cal and un­or­gan­ised play­ers. • The ab­sence of a sig­nif­i­cant player in the mid-tier seg­ment presents a huge prospect. • Denim is the most promis­ing cat­e­gory in the kids’ wear seg­ment and is ex­pected to grow at an an­nual growth

rate that is higher than 15 per cent.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.