ADVANCEMENTS IN AI & ROBOTICS
● Japanese government has entered into a public-private alliance with government affiliated National Institutes of Biomedical Innovation, Health and Nutrition to develop a self-learning AI
● BERG Health initiated a phase II clinical trial in 2016 for a drug compound to treat pancreatic cancer
● Atomwise found two existing drugs to work against Ebola virus, with the help of AI technology
● IBM has announced 3 new consumerf-ocussed partnerships, one of which is Under Armour
● KroniKare is developing a mobile application that assesses chronic wounds and presents a preliminary assessment to nurses or other healthcare workers.
● Woodlands Health Campus (WHC), Singapore is exploring the use of technology to improve the patient care experience.
● The National University of Singapore (NUS) is studying the mechanisms of nature to develop new medical technology that will fulfil a range of unmet clinical needs in the healthcare industry.
● University of Sydney announced the launch of Sydney Imaging, a next-generation medical imaging facility’s core research facility that is dedicated to research and training.
● Singtel partners with NTU, A*Star to spearhead R&D efforts in AI and robotics in