The bellwether in auto lighting for 40 years
Fiem Industries Limited
Dr. J.K. Jain, Chairman & Managing Director (R) Rahul Jain, Director Fiem Industries Limited
Had not automobiles been invented, the world would have been a difficult place to live in! Had not lights been indispensable parts of automobiles, design aesthetics and functionality would not have seen the innovative appeal being witnessed today. The increasing integration of auto lights into vehicle styling besides technological upgradation has seen a new dimension. Lower wattage, higher luminosity, newer face-lifts are in sky-scraping demand. No wonder by the time newer technologies and appealing design aesthetics are developed and deployed, they almost become outdated. Responsiveness to the changing trends fast is what Fiem Industries Limited believes in and implements. The ISO/ TS 16949:2009, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 certified manufacturing bellwether has been catering successfully to the automotive industry for 40 years now. “We are the undisputed honcho in auto lights for the twowheeler segment. You will find with us the widest range of products in the industry. Our pledge to develop innovative products, our adherence to the highest standards of quality and timely delivery, and our commitment to customer satisfaction has helped us create a competitive edge. The auto market in India is growing at 25% annually and we are keeping pace with the growth,” pronounces emphatically the dynamic and debonair Dr. J.K. Jain, Chairman & Managing Director. “We are also tapping opportunities from the overseas market, expanding our reach across the world,” he adds.
Fiem specializes in three segments - automotive lighting & signaling equipments, LED luminaries, and integrated passenger information systems. The product portfolio encompasses rear view mirrors, head lamps, tail lamps, signalling lamp,
roof lamps, wheel covers, warning triangle, complete rear fender assembly, frame assembly, mudguards, LED display panels, number plate lamps, warning triangles, sheet metal parts, plastic parts, and more. These products find application in all segments of automobile industry including two-wheelers, four-wheelers, LCVs, HTVs and tractors. Going green is the motto adopted by the future-conscious citizens of the world today. Saving energy is the need of the hour to preserve our natural resources and save the earth for our future generations. Fiem has intensely joined the drive to save the environment launching a vast range of energy saving LED Bulbs, Tube Lights and other LED Luminaires for commercial and domestic purposes. Further they have also developed LED fog lamp, LED work lamp, LED home lighting, LED panels, LED down lights, LED ceiling lights, flash lights, solar lanterns, LED solar street lights including LED information display panels for railways, metro trains, state transport buses, taxis, etc. LED lights trim down power consumption significantly and their extensive adoption in areas such as street lamps, homes, and industries will noticeably lower the power requirement. LED lights use 50% less energy than a CFL and 90% less energy spent per incandescent Bulb; besides they are eco-friendly and last long. One LED light can emit 50,000 hours of light or more depending on usage. “Against a 40 watt bulb, you can illuminate 10 LED lights. CFL lights will definitely going to be replaced in the future,” says the visionary Dr. Jain. He adds after a pause, “Currently we are bidding for tenders for LED Street lights valued at Rs. 500 crore. We look forward towards more such biddings in the future.”
Location of Manufacturing Units
• Unit I at Kundli (Sonepat, Haryana)
• Unit II, III, and V at Hosur (Tamil Nadu)
• Unit IV at Mysore (Karnataka)
• Unit VI at Nalagarh (Himachal Pradesh)
• Unit VII at Rai (Sonepat, Haryana)
• Unit VIII at Tapukara (Rajasthan). The company generated Total annual turnover of a mind boggling Rs. 675 crore in March 2013 accentuated by a growth rate of 15-17%. “We are expecting Rs. 780 crore in March 2014. We are going to grow rapidly in the next 2-3 years and envisage to turning Fiem into a Rs. 2000 crore in the next couple of years,” says the charismatic Mr. S. Narayanan, Head (Comml. and Intl. Operations). Sky is the limit for Fiem! With staff strength of over 5000 people, which include 1000 females, Fiem also boasts of having the fastest assembly plant in the country. Retaining 95% of staff deems Fiem as one of the most respected companies in its segment; the staff works in a congenial environment and avails a plethora of benefits and facilities including financial assistance in times of need.
Awards and Recognitions
• Bhartiya Shiromani Puraskar award from Institute of Economic Studies
• Udyog Rattan Award from Institute of Economic Studies
• Rashtriya Samman Purskar Award from Indian Society for Industry & Intellectual Development
• Vikas Rattan Gold Award from Indian Organization for Business Research & Development
• Transworld Gold Star Award for Excellency in Quality from International Study Circle
• Individual Achievement and contributions on Nations growth Award from International Business Productivity Forum
• Life Time Achievement Award from India International Council for Industry & Trade
• National Business Leadership Award from Indian Society for Industry & Intellectual Development
• Rashtriya Gaurav Ratan Award from Indian Society for Industry & Intellectual Development
• Indo-Nepal Sadbhavana Award
• Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award from Enterprise Asia
• World Quality Commitment International Gold Star Award2012 for Quality from BID Paris
• Business Excellence Award in Electronics 2012 from Elcina Electronics Industries Association of India
• Appreciation Certificate and
Best Performance Award from Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
• Achievement award from Kinetic Motor Co. Ltd.
• Best Performance Award from TVS Motor Co. Ltd.
• QCDDM Award, Achievement Award, and New Model Development Award from Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Ltd. and the list of awards goes on….!
“Our target is to make Fiem a name to reckon with in all of the products we manufacture. We have continued to add a repertoire of products according to changing trends and technological advances. We have installed the most advanced manufacturing facilities and employ cost-effective production methods; units have been added with increasing demand of our products. Today, we have 8 state-of-the-art manufacturing units along with testing laboratories and R&D centres,” says the adroit Mr. V.K. Jain, Executive Director.
Fiem incessantly invests in new technologies and R&D activities. The manufacturing quality and processes are in line with Japanese standards; it ensures error-free production on the assembly lines. The auto lighting and LED industry is fast changing, and Fiem keeps pace with the changing trends and changing preferences of customers through technological developments and revising of designs. The technical requirements of vehicles are becoming more stringent by the day; Fiem has developed production-worthy systems on its own. Thanks to the plethora of facilities available at the manufacturing and R&D units. Backed by technological strength, the company is able to deliver the same category of products in different sizes and specifications for multiple applications.
• 40 years of dominant presence and trust in the market
• Manufactures the widest range of lamps and mirrors in the industry
• ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 certifications
• Tier 1 Supplier not only in India but also in Europe and the USA
• Certification for conformity of production form RDW Netherlands
• First company in India to come up with LED Head Lamps for two-wheelers
• FIEM employees regularly trained as per TQM • Enlisted in the Bombay Stock Exchange and national Stock Exchange
• Caters to a large number of OEM clients in India and abroad • Products approved with E marketing, DOT, CCC, ADIR, AIS, etc.
• Staff strength of 5000 people; 95% staff retention
• Fastest assembly plant in the country
• Stringent quality control system followed at each step of the manufacturing process
• Shortest development time of products; hence, timely delivery of every order
• Most effective value engineering practices followed at all 8 manufacturing units
• Dedicated R&D departments and quality testing facilities
• Export markets centered on UK, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, Japan and Austria.
• 100% commitment to customer satisfaction. “Our shareholders are getting good dividends for the last 3 years. 40% dividend was declared this year,” says Mr. Rajesh Sharma, Executive Director (Marketing) Fiem caters both to OEMs and the aftermarket. Among domestic OEM clients are Tata, Force Motors, Nissan, Hyundai, Daimler, GM, Mahindra, Skoda Auto, Volkswagen, Swaraj Mazda, HMT, JCB, Sonalika, Maruti Suzuki, Preet, Terex Vectra, Daewoo, TVS, Honda, BSA Motors, Lohia, Hero, Piaggio, Yamaha, Indus, and more. To
name a few global OEM clients are Kubata, Sparex, Ichikoh, Geka, Chrysler, and Zadi. “Fiem is the first Indian Components manufacturers Chosen by Honda/Japan as Global supplier for entire set of Lighting Components – Head Lamps, Tail Lamps and Blinker Lamps for their international Model Integra4 670 CC Motor Cycles and other Models, which is sold in European, American and Chinese markets. We have well equipped Research & Development Centre recognized by the Government of India, where we have 110 people. Besides, we also have Design Centre in Japan with Technical experts, who are actively involved in design and development of new products” utters a dexterous Mr. Rahul Jain (Dr. Jain’s son), Director. As part of corporate social responsibility, Fiem funds cataract surgeries of approximately 100 poor people a month. The company also installs eco waste management systems in rural areas. Another appreciable involvement of the company is providing financial support for marriages of poor girls. Success comes with team work, hard work, and sincerity; Fiem is a paradigm of this statement. The company is already a formidable player in the auto lighting segment. With its ingress into domestic and industrial LED lighting, it has increased its competitiveness. Fiem Industries continues to weave its success saga, expanding into newer boundaries!
Rahul Jain Director Dr. J.K. Jain Chairman & Managing Director
Dr. J.K. Jain Chairman & Managing Director
Rahul Jain Director
Dr. Jain and Son Rahul Jain proudly posing along with display of various awards
S. Narayanan Head (Commercial & International operations)
S. Narayanan explaining feature of new product developed by FIEM
Rajesh Sharma Executive Director Marketing & Development
FIEM Assembly Line
Recently launched LED/Solar Products
Plastic Molding Area
Few export products from FIEM