PROS AND CONS OF PREPAID CARDS
• You always know how much you are going to pay for your flights.
• You are guaranteed availability of your aircraft type (or an upgrade).
• There are no extra fees to worry about for the likes of delays, diversions and de-icing.
• You can manage your travel spend more easily as a company.
• There are no blackout periods or peak days.
• Rates are typically the same for one-way and round-trip flights.
• It costs more than ad hoc charter.
• You need a lot of capital upfront to buy one.
• Choosing a card is complicated.
• Unless your money is in escrow, you could lose it if the company goes bankrupt.
• Not all jet cards allow you to roll over hours or credit.
• A daily-minimum requirement of 90 minutes would mean you’re charged double for a 45-minute flight.