A roadmap to growth
1. There should be more focus on Infrastructure Development (Cold Storage, Ports, Airport and Road). Also, their progress should be regularly followed up to ensure adherence to project deadlines.
2. The government should implement GST for increasing trade and that too, within a timeframe.
1. GST should be implemented.
2. The momentum on road construction should not flag, considering the potential of logistics in India.
3. There should be more investment to overcome congestion of airports/seaports.
4. The government should allow more FDI in multibrand retail (though it looks tough)
5. Operators should be incentivised to replace old vehicles.
6. The government should speed up the execution of projects like Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor.
Vikas Anand, MD, DHL Supply Chain India
Samar Nath, CEO, DHL Global Forwarding