For Safer Internet Banking
• Avoid Internet banking through links provided in any mail/message/website.
• Always type the URL of bank in browser.
• As far as possible, access Net banking through a secured location like your personal computer, laptop, office PC, etc. Avoid Internet cafes/ public facility centres.
• Use a strong password and change the password regularly.
• While using public ATMs/card-swapping machine, resist compromising your PIN – enter the PIN yourself.
• Set up account transaction limits that are offered by most of the banks – this will limit your losses in case of an unforeseen incident.
• Report any suspicious transaction/message to your banker and also to police.
• In case the bank refuses to acknowledge or act on your complaint, approach the banking ombudsmen or even the IT secretary of the state.