Five Fast Uses for Vaseline, (besides just lip balm).
“Oats are a natural antiinflammatory and are used topically, to soothe and heal irritated skin,” says associate professor Greg Goodman from the Dermal Institute of Victoria. “They make an excellent exfoliant and can be added to baths.” Oats as an ingredient in skincare products work on the same principle.
1. Dab Vaseline around cuticles before applying polish to avoid any staining.
2. Work a teeny bit into dry spots before applying bronzer to nix blotches.
3. Swipe on the hairline before home hair colouring to avoid staining skin.
4. Try it as a killer cheek illuminator.
5. Use it as an eyebrow gel to hold any naughty strays in place.
“Before applying eyeliner, heat the tip with a hairdryer for a few seconds,” recommends Victoria Curtis, founder of Curtis Collection Cosmetics. “That way, the colour won’t budge!”
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, ` 79