HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
Carnegie’s bible is all about numbers, and in the game of social success, it’s all about landing the approval of as many people as you can. Here’s what you need to do:
1. When meeting a new guy, never criticise, condemn or complain about your exes. This puts a dent in your image and your date’s self-image.
2. Never say, “you’re wrong”. Show respect for other people’s opinion. Never, ever disagree with someone without knowing their side.
3. If you are in a leadership role, always begin with praise and honest appreciation. Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly and give them a chance to save face.
4. Always try to remember people’s names even if you need to carry a small notebook and write down their names when you are alone. It is an important step in making them feel important.
5. Try to avoid confrontations. But if you do get into an argument, try the following—control your temper, ignore your impulse to react, and listen to the other person, all the while maintaining that you will look at the topic at hand from their perspective.
6. You need to be a good listener and talk in term’s of the other person’s interests. Find common ground.