ARE YOU GETTING IN YOUR OWN WAY?
1. There is an opening for a senior position at your company. You’re slightly underqualified— do you go for it anyway?
a. Underqualified, under-schmalified... of course you do! Bill Gates didn’t even finish college!
b. No, but you use it as an opportunity to meet with your boss and discuss your next career move.
c. First, you need to redo your résumé, talk it through, then... crap, someone else already got it.
2. Girls’ trip! You’re in the Bahamas with your college besties, getting your cocktails on when a group of guys send over drinks. You:
a. Don’t accept. Who are they? What do they want? I’ll get my own, thanks! b. Air-toast them with your Mai Tai, catching the eye of the cutest one. c. Write “Thanks! Call me!” on the back of your card and send it over.
3. You promise yourself that you’re going to start spinning three mornings a week. Do you follow through?
a. Always! Well... that first week, I only made it twice because my lady parts were so sore. Legit excuse! b. Sorry, no. If someone told you I’d make a stupid promise like that, she’s lying! c. Sometimes. I’m only human, and once in a while, that extra hour of sleep is too sweet to resist.
4. Ever since you were five, you and your best friend have talked about living in Paris for a year. She’s ready—are you in?
a. Paris was a trés cool dream, but it might be too much. How about Dubai instead? b. Mais, non— too many unknowns. You’ll watch Amélie again instead. c. Oui, oui! You’re ready to go. How do you say YOLO in French?
5. It’s time for a change. You ask your hairstylist what she thinks, and she tells you you’d look bitchin‘ with bangs. Your response?
a. “With my tiny head? No way!” And then obsess about Zooey Deschanel’s adorable fringe. b. “Bring it!” You hadn’t thought of it, but bangs could look great. If they don’t? Hair grows back. c. “Have any pics of what you’re thinking?” Then make the call on getting a Nicole Richie side swoop.
1c– 2,b– 0,a– 5. 2;c– 0,b– 1,a– 4. 1;c– 0,b– 2,a– 3. 2;c– 1,b– 0,a– 2. 0;c– 1,b– 2,a– 1. SCORING:
After 20 minutes of
great patience, her
manager yelled, ‘ Stop