Epson aims R 1,000 crore topline in 2014
To achieve its target of ` 1,000 crore in revenue in 2014, Epson has adopted a two-pronged strategy comprising a revamped partner program and a sub-category for its projector portfolio.
“We are confident that the new strategy will help us to achieve ` 1,000 crore in 2014. We clocked ` 820 crore in revenue in 2013 compared to ` 700 crore in 2012,” said N Sambamoorthy, Director, Sales & Marketing, Epson India.
While Epson’s commercial business comprising high-lumen and home theater projectors, inkjet printers, scanners, POS printers and large format printers contributed 55 percent of its overall revenue, the consumer business comprising its single and multi-function inkjet printers and entry-level projectors contributed the remaining 45 percent.
Speaking about the revamped partner program, he said that globally Epson has merged its nSolution and nDimension partner programs under Epson Envision which brings retail and solutions partners on a single platform.
The move is aimed at repositioning Epson from being a product company to being a solutions company. “We have a vast portfolio of products across printers, projectors, POS and lifestyle products,” noted Sambamoorthy. “The new Envision allows partners to showcase our entire range to customers. While it retains key features of the old programs such as partner profitability, lead generation and marketing support, we have added new elements that incentivize partners for cross-and deep-selling with greater emphasis on training and certification.”
In order to transition partners to the new program, Epson has launched a 20-city campaign
“We have merged the nSolution and nDimension programs under Envision, which brings retail and solutions partners on a single platform” N SAMBAMOORTHY Director, Sales & Marketing Epson India
to educate partners about its solutions-centric focus and the benefits of Envision. “Over the next six months we plan to transition 300 partners to the new program,” he disclosed.
The vendor is counting on its projector business to bring in the maximum growth in 2014. Informed Sambamoorthy, “Last July we divided our projector portfolio in two—home theaters, which are bought by home users, and high-lumen projectors which are used in the corporate and education segments. This strategy worked well for us.”
Envisaging growing demand in each projector category, Epson is planning to increase the number of Pro AV partners selling highlumen projectors from the current 50 to 70 in the next six months, and home theater solution partners from 70 to 125.
In printers, while the overall market was subdued, Epson grew faster than the market and is expecting to sustain growth in the new fiscal. “The introduction of new SKUs in thermal and POS printers, and the refresh of our traditional printers is helping us grow. Venturing into the new domains of digital signage printing, CAD printing and textile printing will also hold us in good stead,” Sambamoorthy said.