‘ Sis- in- law eye­ing my fa­ther’s flats’

DNA Sunday (Mumbai) - - FRONT PAGE - From p1

Preeti Sharma said the fourth fl oor house at Gu­rukripa build­ing, on Dr CH Street was owned by her fa­ther, who also owned fl ats on the sec­ond and third fl oor. The prop­er­ties were ap­par­ently trans­ferred in the names of Tar­jin­dar and Milli in 2012. Sharma has al­leged that they did not wit­ness her fa­ther sign the documents. She has blamed Milli for this. trans­ferred in my name,” Sharma said. She also said that Tar­jin­dar had left his house and was stay­ing with her since a few days.

“Last Sun­day, I took some people along to guard the property. They were se­cu­rity guards, When we reached the place we found the gate locked. Tar­jin­dar opened the gate. Af­ter a while we heard Milli and her sis­ter threat­en­ing the se­cu­rity guards and mak­ing al­le­ga­tions,” Sharma said.

The two ap­par­ently man­aged to get into the fourth fl oor house to see their fa­ther, but they say that Milli locked the door from the out­side and went to the po­lice. “It was only af­ter my hus­band went to the po­lice sta­tion on Mon­day, that the cops came there and we were freed,” said Sharma.

A se­nior po­lice of­fi­cer at Azad Maidan po­lice sta­tion said they are in­ves­ti­gat­ing the mat­ter. “The FIR lodged by Milli stays. Only af­ter our in­quiry is com­pleted that we will de­cide on the course of ac­tion,” he said. Ac­cord­ing to Sak­pal’s ma­ter­nal un­cle Shirish Parab, he vom­it­ted blood and col­lapsed. He was rushed to Plat­inum Hospi­tal in Mu­lund where he was in coma and shifted to Fortis Hospi­tal early on Thurs­day morn­ing.

“What hap­pened to my brother shouldn’t hap­pen again. The govern­ment has to take strict ac­tion. My brother left home at 6am. His test started at 12.30pm. God knows if he ate or drank wa­ter in those wait­ing hours,” Di­pali said.

Doc­tors at Fortis Hospi­tal said he had blood clot­ting in the brain and an in­ves­ti­ga­tion was on.

The three other young­sters who died while at­tempt­ing the 5km race were Am­badas Son­awane, 23, from Male­gaon, Nashik district, Jaiprasad Mali, 22, from Vi­rar both of whom died on Wed­nes­day and Vishal Kedar, 25, from Thane who died on Fri­day.

Health ex­perts say that drink­ing any oral re­hy­drat­ing so­lu­tions would have helped these men. “With the heat and hu­mid­ity, one tends to suf­fer from se­vere de­hy­dra­tion leading to elec­trolyte im­bal­ance. This is a com­mon prob­lem seen even dur­ing marathon. Hy­drat­ing the body with ORS helps,” Dr Ajay Chaugh­ule, Global Hospi­tal’s car­diac sur­geon, said.

As per the rules laid down by the cir­cu­lar that was is­sued by the offi ce of the di­rec­tor gen­eral on May 12, 2014, en­durance tests should be con­ducted be­fore 9.30am or af­ter 4.30pm. But in all cases the tests were con­ducted af­ter 11am in a clear vi­o­la­tion of rules.

Mum­bai po­lice spokesper­son Ma­hesh Patil said: “We are tak­ing all pre­cau­tions dur­ing re­cruit­ment process... no tests af­ter 9: 30am and be­fore 4: 30pm. We are pro­vid­ing wa­ter, glu­cose, banana, bis­cuits and tents for shel­ter. Doc­tors and am­bu­lances too are kept at standby. We are coun­selling ap­pli­cants and giv­ing them safety tips.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.