1. W H Auden, ‘Partition’, quoted in ‘W H Auden’s unsparing poem on the partition of India’. Retrieved from https://scroll.in/article/674238/wh-audens-unsparing-poem-on-the-partition-of-india
2. These earlier manifestations include The Dhaka Art Summit and the 8th Berlin Biennale (both 2014), and a solo exhibition at the Vadehra Art Gallery, Delhi (2016).
3. Since 2015, efforts have been made by both India and Bangladesh to de-enclave their borderlands. So far, 111 Indian enclaves in Bangladesh and 51 Bangladeshi enclaves in India have been swapped. See Shamik Baig, ‘The Indo-Bangla State of Mind’, in Live Mint (11 July 2015).
4. Itty Abraham and Willem van Schendel, ‘Introduction: The Making of Illicitness’, in Schendel and Abraham eds., Illicit
Flows and Criminal Things: States, Borders, and the Other Side of Globalisation (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2005) p. 7.
5. As this show travels to Germany (Bielefelder Kunstverein, Bielefeld) and to France (La synagogue de Delme contemporary art centre, Delme) later in the year, the corresponding maps of these countries will be used in the respective exhibitions.