Many take ill after taking deworming pills
SCORES OF children across India fell ill after being administered deworming drug Albendazole during the National Deworming event in February. The children complained of nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea and were hospitalised. Amravati in Maharashtra had the highest number of children (70) who suffered the adverse effects of Albendazole that experts say is harmless. An eight-year-old girl in Uttarakhand's Udham Singh Nagar district died after being administered the drug. Saloni was one of 52 children who fell ill in Khatima town in the district. The National Deworming event was first held in 2015. This year, a record 270 million children aged 1-19 were dewormed across the country.