Training programme on SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COURSE DURATION TIMING
10.00 am to 5.30 pm
CSE, 41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi – 62
LAST DATE FOR APPLYING
November 25, 2016
OPEN FOR ALL
SIA practitioners, officials from state land department, municipality, district collector, sub-divisional magistrate, developers, academician, students, NGOs Selection will be done on first come first basis
Centre for Science and Environment recognises Social Impact Assessment (SIA) as an important tool to inform decision makers, regulators and stakeholders about the possible social and economic impacts of a development project. To be effective, SIA requires the active involvement of all concerned stakeholders. CSE has developed a five-day training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on SIA with specific reference to infrastructure, mining and other industrial projects.
The programme is designed based on the new Act, “The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013”.
The objective of this programme is to build a cadre of trained professional who can conduct and review SIA reports. The programme will also impart understanding of the issues and challenges in land acquisition, enhance skills in socio-economic surveys, public consultations, data collection, planning land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement plan. The course would also discuss applicable central/state laws such as Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (PESA), The Forest Rights Act, 2006, and the Companies Acts, 2013.
1. Land conflicts, land classification, land rights and governance
2. Better understanding of SIA
• How to make Term of References (ToRs)
• Reconnaissance and baseline survey — data need, data collection, collation and interpretation
• Development of tools and instruments to conduct SIA surveys
• Effective assessment and reporting methodologies Filling the Socio-Economic survey questionnaire Asset evaluation Preparation of entitlement matrix Review of SIA reports CSR framework, its reporting and case studies Post monitoring.
What participants will learn
All this would be covered through lectures, exhaustive class exercises, discussions and roleplay