CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION AND REPORTING
Training programme on
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is pleased to invite you to a threeday training programme on ‘Corporate Social Responsibility—Planning, Implementation and Reporting’, to be held on 20-22 September, 2017. CSE recognises CSR as a key component of inclusive and responsible business. In view of CSR (addressing and reporting) becoming mandatory as per the Amendment of the Companies Act in 2013, it is desirable for all stakeholders to formulate a CSR policy, and implement and monitor its effectiveness. This training programme is designed based on the provisions of the Act and Rules. It aims to give practical exposure on CSR to the participants, with specific references to the regulatory framework and process to formulate a CSR policy—need-based assessment, stakeholder engagement, methodologies for implementation, performance evaluation and statutory reporting. The objective of the training programme is to build a cadre of CSR professionals who would assist in effective development and implementation of CSR activities of organizations for the benefit of communities as well as businesses. This training programme would be relevant to the CSR leaders, senior- and middle-level managers, practitioners and implementation partners, NGOs, students, etc. What is the take away for the participants from this programme?
1. Regulatory Framework for CSR—Companies Act 2013 and CSR Rules 2014, international guidelines and best practices
2. CSR Implementation status—Challenges, risks, and learning of past two years.
3. Approach for identification of CSR activities through needs assessment.
4. Developing CSR policy
5. CSR planning and implementation
6. Monitoring, measurement and evaluation of CSR activities for outputs and outcomes
7. Success stories in CSR in India
8. Assessment of capacity of implementing partners
9. Grievances redressal (processes and practices)
10. Techniques for strategic and effective corporate communication
11. CSE guidelines for CSR reporting