Renesas enters the market for CMOS image sensors
Renesas Electronics Corporation has announced a new high-sensitivity, high-resolution 8.48 megapixel (MP) CMOS image sensor (RAA462113FYL) that supports 4K video cameras. In conjunction with the existing Renesas 2.12 MP product that is already in mass production, Renesas will be providing full-scale sales support for its high-end CMOS image sensor for network security cameras. The company also provides a reference board that was developed together with a camera module manufacturer to allow users to evaluate the performance of the new image sensor.
• Achieves clear, high-visibility, full-colour imaging even in moonlight.
• Captures clear, high-visibility images even when 100 digital zoom is used, due to its capability to capture high-reliability 4K video at 60 fps.
Microchip unveils next-generation in-circuit debugger
Microchip Technology Inc. has launched the MPLAB ICD 4, an in-circuit programming and debugging development tool for the company’s PIC microcontroller and dsPIC digital signal controller portfolios. The MPLAB ICD 4 includes all the features of the popular MPLAB ICD 3 debugger while increasing speed through a faster processor and a higher RAM.
The MPLAB ICD 4’s significantly higher speed is accomplished through a 32-bit MCU running at 300MHz. The faster processing, along with an increased buffer memory of 2MB, results in a product that is up to twice as fast as its predecessor. The
puck-shaped MPLAB ICD 4 is housed in a durable, black case with a brushed aluminium top and is accented with an LED light strip to indicate the debugging status. X-factor:
• A wider target voltage range, from 1.2V to 5.5V.
• Intelligent, robust interface with fault detection, immunity and JTAG debugging capability.
• Configurable interface speed for optimised programming and debugging. Contact: www.microchip.com
Kingston launches KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD in India
Kingston has launched its new KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD in India, which will be available in select retail and e-retail stores in the country. According to the company, the KC1000 is the perfect solution to meet the needs of media and design professionals, gaming enthusiasts and anyone who needs ultra-low latency storage performance to end data bottlenecks.
The high-performance SSD supports the PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and the latest NVMe protocol.
It is built for the power user, providing lowlatency performance boost for resource-demanding applications including high-resolution video editing, data visualisation, gaming and other data intensive workload environments where traditional storage solutions are unable to keep pace with data demand. X-factor:
• Over 2x faster than SATA-based SSDs and over 40x faster than a 7200RPM hard-disk drive. • Provides accelerated boot and load speeds, increases sequential read/write performance, and offers improved endurance and energy efficiency.
Artesyn MaxCore Micro provides a costeffective and versatile compute and acceleration platform
Artesyn Embedded Technologies has launched a compact, new compute and acceleration platform that’s versatile enough for applications ranging from small cell baseband processing, scalable video streaming/ encoding, video surveillance and ‘bump-in-the-wire’ monitoring to industrial computing. The MaxCore Micro is a cost-effective, enterprise-class chassis, which holds a host server card and contains an additional slot for any PCI Express add-in card.
Its form factor allows three chassis to be fitted side-by-side in a 48.26cm rack. The platform can be deployed in a wide range of environments—from a 48.26cm rack to being wall-mounted.
• Supported by switchless PCIe connectivity between the slots at up to 50Gbps, with the wide availability of off-the-shelf PCIe add-in cards.
TI’s new SoCs drive down the cost of multiprotocol industrial Ethernet communication
The AMIC110 SoC is a multi-protocol industrial communication processor that provides a ready-touse solution supporting more than 10 industrial Ethernet and fieldbus communication standards. The device is based on the ARM Cortex-A8 processor, peripherals and industrial interface options. It also supports high-level operating systems (HLOS), Linux and TI-RTOS. The AMIC110 microprocessor is an ideal companion communications chip to the C2000 family of microcontrollers for connected drives.
• Flexible 8-bit and 16-bit asynchronous memory interface with up to seven chip selects (NAND, NOR, Muxed-NOR, SRAM).
• Equipped with the power, reset and clock management (PRCM) module that controls the entry and exit of standby and deep-sleep modes.
AC three-phase four-wire filter from Elcom International
Elcom has launched its AC three-phase, four-wire filter with a screw terminal, and it’s called the EP 355 screw series. This standard model of the EP 355 screw series of filters is available for current ratings starting from 3A to 250A. An inbuilt surge suppressor is also available with this model.
Filters with current ratings from 50A to 250A are mostly required in general-purpose, four-wire filtering, mainframe computer systems, UPS systems, etc. For filter models with the rating of 50A, the input-output connection is done by the screw lead M6 terminals (torque: maximum 15kg-cm).