Recent CAG reports on issues that may impact your life
Watch out what you eat
• Fssai has issued licences to food business operators without complete documents.
• 65 out of 72 state labs are not accredited by the national Accreditation Board for Testing and calibration Laboratories. • About 4.72 lakh metric tonne of wheat costing ₹700.30 crore deteriorated as it was found lying in open area and was declared as non-issuable under Pds.
Deteriorating rural health About holy waters Watch out what you eat in trains
• cleanliness and hygiene were not being maintained at catering units at stations and in trains.
• Food stuff served was less than the prescribed scheduled quantity. • Articles unsuitable for human consumption, contaminated foodstuff, recycled foodstuff, shelf life expired packaged and bottled items, unauthorized brands of water bottles, etc., were offered for sale on stations. • no reduction in the number of complaints over the years.
• shortage of 77 to 87 percent doctors found in community health centres across the country. • some public health centres are functioning in unhygienic environment and are inaccessible.
• An amount of ₹198.14 crore (as of 31 March, 2017) which is meant for ganga rejuvenation is lying unused in banks.
• Projects costing ₹2,710.14 were delayed due to non-availability of land and other reasons.