Interested in social science or liberal arts?
APPLY NOW Delhi-based Ambedkar University offers a range of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in these disciplines
Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) is inviting applications from aspirants as part of its admission process for the academic session 2015-16. A state university with its campus at Kashmere Gate devoted to learning and research in social sciences, humanities and liberal arts, AUD offers bachelor’s honours degrees with the following options — BA (hons) with a major in a single discipline (economics, English, history, mathematics, psychology and sociology); BA (hons) with a major in social sciences and humanities in three disciplines. The f i rst cut- of f l i st will be released on July 8, 2015. Application fee for BA programmes are ₹ 330 for general category and ₹ 130 for reserved category. Lateral admissions to BA (hons) programmes are allowed from other institutions in the second year.
The university is broadly structured into schools for Development Studies, Education Studies, School of Human Ecology, School of Human Studies, School of Undergraduate Studies, School of Culture and Creative Expressions, School of Design, School of Business, P u bl i c Po l i cy a n d S o c i a l Entrepreneurship, School of Law, Governance and Citizenship ( expected to start soon), and School of Liberal Studies.
The university offers a basket of courses with maximum flexibility and special interest courses. It has an innovative and participatory assessment structure and uses newer and innovative teaching methods and pedagogic tools. Fee waivers and scholarships are offered to deserving students.
The admission process is both offline and online. Candidates applying for mathematics must have obtained a minimum of 65% in Class 12 examination from a recognised board. Those applying for BA (hons) English should have secured a minimum of 65% in English in the 10+ 2 examination. The total intake in every BA programme is 35. There will be a total of 245 seats for all bachelor’s programmes for the academic session 2015-16 with 85% reservation for students from the NCT, Delhi; the rest 15% seats are open for students from outside Delhi.
For students applying for the MA programme, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% or 50% marks as the case may be in different programmes from a recognised university in any discipline. The total intake this year in most MA programmes is 42. The Non- Collegiate Women’s Education Board ( NCWEB) is inviting applications for its next academic session for the BA (programme) and BCom courses at all its teaching centres.
Candidates can register for these courses through pre-admission forms which can be bought along with admission pamphlet till June 24, 2015 from four teaching centres — Kalindi College, SPM College, Maharaja Agrasen College and PGDAV College. The first cut-off list will be announced on July 8. The total number of seats in the BA (programme) in each of teaching centres is 284 and that in the BCom programme is 184.
The percentage for cut-off will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in the best four subjects in 10+2. For admission to both the courses, only one vocational subject will be included.
For the BA (programme), one language and three best subjects (which can include maximum one vocational subject) is required. For BCom, one language, business studies, accountancy and one other best subject which can be a vocational is a must. Students from other streams will be considered for BCom with a deduction of 5% marks in the best four percentage. The best four may include one language and three best subjects out of which maximum one can be vocational subject.
NCWEB is meant only for women students residing in the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Lectures are held on weekends to encourage women who cannot join regular colleges, to study and get a degree. The centre offers both undegraduate and postgraduate courses. Classes for the undergraduate courses are held at Bharati College, janki Devi memorial College, Jesus and Mary College, Kalindi College, Lakshmibai College, Mata Sundri College, Maitreyi College, PGDAV College, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College for Women, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Hansraj College, Maharaja Agrasen College and Vivekanand College. The application process is offline. For details visit www.ncweb.du.ac. in.
Lateral admissions to BA (hons) programmes are allowed from other institutions in the second year at AUD.