JOLE, PALTROW WERE WEINSTEINS VICTIMS TOO
Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have become the latest voice to allege they were victims of sexual harassment at the hands of producer Harvey Weinstein. Both said the incidents happened early in their careers, say media reports.
Jolie and Paltrow joined a string of actresses on Tuesday accusing Weinstein of harassment. Both actresses sent statements to a media house, which first reported allegations against him last week.
Jolie said in an email, “I had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did. This behaviour towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable.”
In a statement, Paltrow alleged that, after Weinstein cast her in the leading role in Emma (1996), he summoned her to his hotel suite, where he placed his hands on her and suggested massages in his bedroom.
“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in a report.
She said she told her thenboyfriend Brad Pitt about the incident, and said he confronted Weinstein. “I thought he was going to fire me,” she said.
Former US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle too, added their voice to the growing demonstrations of public outrage against the film-maker.
A statement released by the Obamas said they “have been disgusted by the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein”. It adds they “celebrate the courage of women who have come forward”.
FORMER US PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AND HIS WIFE MICHELLE TOO, ADDED THEIR VOICE TO THE GROWING DEMONSTRATIONS OF PUBLIC OUTRAGE AGAINST WEINSTEIN
Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie
Harvey Weinstein PHOTO: AP