CHRIS BROWN LEAVES THE PHILIPPINES
Philippines authorities on Friday allowed American singer
Chris Brown (left) to fly out of the Southeast Asian nation, three days after he was barred from leaving due to a dispute over fraud allegations.
A video showing Brown walking to his plane (inset), saying goodbye to Manila and inviting people to party in Macau, was posted online. Immigration and airport authorities said that he secured emigration clearance after showing that he had no legal liability in the country, allowing him to fly out.
For the uninitiated, Brown and his promoter were accused of fraud by a politically-influential sect that filed a fraud complaint, demanding a million-dollarplus refund after the singer failed to show up for a New Year’s concert in Manila on December 31, last year. While Brown reportedly defended himself, saying that he lost his passport at the time due to which he couldn’t travel, the organisation said that the 26-year-old Grammy-winner and his promoter did not return money paid to them for the cancelled show.
Following that, Brown begged Philippine authorities to let him go and resume his world tour in a video he posted on Instagram. “Please, please, let us leave, please,” he said. The post was later taken down. Brown also took to Twitter earlier this week, saying he was innocent of the allegation against him. “This is a very serious situation and someone needs to be held accountable for mixing my name up in all this. I’ve done nothing wrong!!! I have nothing to do with anything going on right now. I came back to Manila to do a make-up show for New Year’s. I did the show three years ago (sic),” he wrote.
Before he finally left on Friday, Brown performed to a packed crowd at a Manila arena, last week. He is now scheduled to perform in Israel and Cyprus next week.