St John in the Wilderness
This Anglican church is located at a walkable distance from both Dharamsala and McLeodganj, at a place called Forsythganj. The church has a cemetery on its premises, and gives an eerie feeling, especially since it’s situated almost in the middle of nowhere. The beautiful Neo-Gothic structure is ornamented with intricate Belgian-stained glass panes. Built in 1852, the then vice roy of the country, Lord Elgin, was buried here in 1863.