Ariana Grande cancels tour dates after Manchester attack
American singer Ariana Grande has called off two London concerts and five in Europe after a suicide bombing killed 22 people and wounded 64 at her recent concert in Manchester, England.
Grande, who tweeted earlier this week that she was “broken” by the Manchester attack, had been due to perform on Thursday and Friday at London’s O2 arena as part of her Dangerous Woman tour. Apart from both shows, performances in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland through June 5 also stand cancelled for now, her record label said in a statement. “Due to the tragic events, Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” the statement said. “Our way of life has once again been threatened but we’ll overcome this together.” The concert promoter, too, said that ticket holders will get refunds.
Grande, 23, was unharmed in the attack and was photographed arriving in Florida on Tuesday to be with family and friends.