Two injured in boiler blast at dyeing firm at Bhiwandi
THANE: Two people suffered burn injuries when a boiler in a dyeing firm in Bhiwandi exploded on Wednesday. According to the police, the incident took place around 12 noon at Atul Dyeing firm at Narayan compound in the jurisdiction of Shanti Nagar police station. The two are employees of the firm and were welding the boiler, when the blast took place. “The two employees have sustained around 80 per cent burns and have been shifted to Sion hospital in Mumbai. During primary investigation, we found that the duo was welding the boiler, which had oil. The spark from the welding lead to the blast,” said RD Shinde, senior police inspector, Shanti Nagar police station. The police and fire bridgade officials reached the spot and doused the fire. “We are investigating. If anyone is found guilty, we will book them for negligence,” added Shinde.