Speaking on the smart city issue,
Sena leader Vijay Chougule said, “Though the proposal had been rejected by the ruling party, we met the chief minister and got it through to the central government. Hence, we have decided to call off the Navi Mumbai bandh on December 18.”
“A lot of NCP corporators too want the project to go through but cannot speak in the open.”
why the NCP which had been in the forefront of claiming credit for the smart city project all of a sudden took a U-turn. Obviously there is more to it than what is being claimed,” said Chougule.
“Had they been smart,
they would have proposed changes to the proposal and passed it. It would have saved them from being exposed and also eat humble pie,” said Chougule.
All eyes are now
on the proposal being once again brought to the general body meeting for discussion following the chief minister’s order of suspension of the previous rejection and the 30 days given to NMMC to have its say. The proposal has meanwhile been sent to the central government.