` 4- cr loss in fire at Rabale textile firm
A fire broke out in a Rabale MIDC company in the early hours of Friday causing a loss of Rs4 crore. No loss of life was reported. A short circuit is believed to have caused the fire.
The fire broke out at 4.30am at Chandu Manufacturing company, a cloth firm.
Three employees of the company, Govind Barik, Amarnath Singh and Harikesh Yadav who were present in the one-storey building managed to escape in time.
“We saw sparks on the premises and called up our owner. However, a fire broke out and so we fled from the premises,” said Singh.
He added, “There seems to have been a short circuit which led to the fire.”
NMMC fire officer Naresh Nalawade said, “We reached the spot around 5am after getting the call. The fire was raging at the time. We first ensured that it did not spread to the neighbouring companies.”
“It took nearly three and a half hours to douse the fire, following which, we initiated the cooling process. We received support from the MIDC fire department apart from the private companies in the region which
A fire personnel surveys the damage at Chandu manufacturing company in Rabale.
too rushed their water tankers,” added Nalawade.
Kartik Bimal, the owner of the company, said, “There were nine machines on the ground floor and 32 machines on the first floor. All of them have been destroyed in the fire.”
He added, “Our initial estimate is that property of Rs4 crore
has been lost. Things will be clear as we get more details.”
Last month, a major fire broke out at the APMC spice market, destroying stocks worth lakhsof rupees. The fire broke out in gala number 42 of the spice market at around 11 pm.
In another i ncident l ast month, a major fire happened
at Sangdeep Acid Chem Pvt Ltd Company at Pawane, MIDC because of a short circuit in their storeroom which saw a large stock of chemicals lost in the fire.
It was the second incident of fire that has occurred in the industrial area after a fire broke out at a Sony Plant in July this year at Mahape.