Neg­li­gence led to blaze at Gir­gaum: Fire dept re­port

Hindustan Times ST (Mumbai) - HT Navi Mumbai Live - - HT NAVI MUMBAI - HT Correspondent ht­metro@hin­dus­tan­times.com

MUM­BAI: Wil­ful neg­li­gence by the or­gan­is­ers caused the Fe­bru­ary 14 blaze that gut­ted the stage at the gala Maharashtra Night event at Gir­guam Chow­patty, the Mum­bai fire brigade has said in its probe re­port.

A de­fec­tive elec­tric cir­cuit pro­vided the spark for the fire that spread rapidly as a lot of com­bustible ma­te­rial, in­clud­ing LPG cylin­ders, had been stored below the stage, the re­port said.

It ac­cused the or­gan­is­ers of not fol­low­ing safety norms. “In­spite of re­peated in­struc­tions, no heed was paid by the or­gan­is­ers to safety in­struc­tions. This act of or­ga­niz­ers M/ s Wizcraft In­ter­na­tional En­ter­tain­ment Pvt l imited shows wil­ful neg­li­gence/ wil- ful flout­ing of the fire safety in­struc­tions.”

The op­po­si­tion was quick to ac­cuse the govern­ment of try­ing to shift blame on to the or­gan­is­ers.

CON­TIN­UED ON P9

RE­LATED RE­PORT, P6

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.