Fire guts Bhi­wandi work­shop, no one in­jured

Hindustan Times ST (Mumbai) - HT Navi Mumbai Live - - HT NAVI MUMBAI - HT Correspondent let­ters@ hin­dus­tan­times. com

A mas­sive fire broke out in an elec­tron­ics work­shop in B hi wan dion Thurs­day, com­pletely burn­ing prop­erty worth lakhs.Noo new as in­jured in the in­ci­dent.

The fire raged for 10 hours be­fore it was brought un­der con­trol.

The work­shop, which be­longs to Nayan Ma­hadik, is si­t­u­ated at M ur lidh ar Com­pound. The fire broke out a lit­tle af­ter mid­night.

“We got a call at 12.30am in­form­ing us about the fire. The cause of the fire was short cir­cuit. The fire spread rapidly, gut­ting the en­tire build­ing. The elec­tric­ity sup­ply had to be dis­con­nected first for the fire of­fi­cers to start op­er­a­tion,” said fire brigade of­fi­cer.

A to­tal of 14 re­frig­er­a­tors ,18 air-con­di­tion­ers and seven wash­ing ma­chines were burnt. Ma­hadik said the to­tal loss of prop­erty was around Rs4.18 lakh.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.