NCP, BJP fight to take credit for state decision
Manda Mhatre was with the NCP earlier and hence her follow-up will also be considered to be that of the NCP. JAYWANT SUTAR, NMMC house leader
CBD BELAPUR: The announcement by chief minister Devendra Fadnavis that a GR will be issued to regularise houses of PAP built before 2012 and that Cidco will be asked not to take action against them has led to a tug of war for credit between the two MLAs of the city.
While Airoli MLA Sandeep Naik of the NCP has claimed that the CM’s announcement came following a calling attention motion moved by him, Belapur MLA Manda Mhatre of the BJP said she had moved the motion earlier.
Mhatre said, “The chief minister said I had regularly been following up on the issue. I had moved the calling attention motion on the issue and the NCP’s motion was introduced only Thursday.”
She added, “The NCP was in power all these years, with both NCP MLAs from the city, who did not succeed in getting the order. While I had regularly taken up the issue when I was the MLC and even later, last year after getting elected as MLA, I got the government to decide on the issue and now the chief minister has himself stated that a GR will be introduced.”
Mhatre said, “I am glad that the long pending issue has been resolved. I will ensure that they get full justice and no need based house is demolished.”
The NCP through a press release said that the chief minister’s statement had come after Naik’s calling attention motion.
The release claimed that Naik had taken up the issue of the PAP and stated that Cidco’s action against houses had led to the chief ministers’ statement.
NMMC house leader Jaywant Sutar said: “Manda Mhatre was with the NCP earlier and hence her follow- up will also be considered to be that of the NCP. The NCP has been demanding this regularisation for years and working hard for it. We will be fully satisfied only when the GR actually come through.”