Wall collapses after cylinder explodes, 2 hurt
Two people were injured after a gas cylinder exploded in a house at Manorama Nagar in Thane on Wednesday.
The blast was so powerful that the neighbouring house’s wall collapsed.
The injured — Rajeshri Ghadge, 35, and her neighbour Rajnath Chouhan, 38 —have been admitted to the Thane civil hospital.
The gas cylinder exploded as there was leakage in the pipe at Ghadge’s house in Kapurbawdi.
The impact was such that the wall of the neighbouring house collapsed and fell on Chouhan who too suffered injuries.
A police constable from Kapurbawdi police station said, “Ghadge turned on the cylinder knob to light the gas stove when it exploded. There was a leakage which triggered the blast.”
The locals heard the blast and alerted the fire brigade who rushed to the spot along with the police. Soon after receiving the information, firemen of Thane fire brigade and disaster management cell rushed to the house and carried out rescue operation.
“Chouhan fractured his leg while Ghadge suffered 30% to 45% burn injuries,” said the police. The wall of the house collapsed after the cylinder blast at Manorama Nagar in Thane on Wednesday.