NSG ignored rescue plea at Pathankot: IAF officer
NIA CHARGE SHEET Statement gives one-sided view of situation, says NSG
The National Security Guard (NSG) “didn’t pay heed” to pleas for rescuing defence guards under fire from gunmen during last year’s Pathankot air base attack, an air force officer’s statement to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has revealed.
“I heard an RT (radio transmission on a wireless set) in which some DSC (defence security corps) personnel was yelling ‘one is dead and two are wounded, please somebody come (to) evacuate us, else we would die. I then asked brigadier (Gautam) Ganguly (the NSG officer leading the commando team) to get one team prepared for rescue to which he didn’t paid (sic) heed to,” said the officer, wing Gunbattles and combing operations lasted two days after the Pathankot attack on January 2, 2016.
commander Abhijit Sarin, who was asked to guide the NSG team sent to neutralise the attackers.
DSC is under the administrative control of the defence ministry and guards installations under it.
The NIA chargesheet, filed in a
special court in Mohali recently, didn’t delve into what appeared to betray differences between the NSG and the Indian Air Force personnel in their operational strategies.