HT Estates - - HTESTATES - Harsh Roongta

Me and my younger brother (be­ing the only le­gal heirs) in­her­ited a house and a shop (in equal shares) from our fa­ther. Sub­se­quently I sur­ren­dered my share in the house and my brother sur­ren­dered his share in the shop by ex­e­cut­ing two sep­a­rate duly reg­is­tered re­lease deeds. Is it pos­si­ble for me to can­cel the re­lease?

- Ab­hishek Since the re­lease /relin­quish­ment deeds ex­e­cuted by you and your brother are duly reg­is­tered, the re­lease of your re­spec­tive shares are le­gally com­plete. There­fore these can­not be can­celled. I have en­tered into an agree­ment to pur­chase a house, from two broth­ers who have equal un­di­vid- ed shares. But am fac­ing a chal­lenge now since one of the broth­ers is un­will­ing to sell his share. What are my le­gal op­tions in this case?

- Karthik You can seek spe­cific per­for­mance of the agree­ment to sell / con­tract against the sell­ers by ap­proach­ing the ap­pro­pri­ate court. You can also claim dam­ages if you change your mind about buy­ing Harsh Roongta is CEO, Apna Paisa. He can be reached at ceo@ap­na­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.