Things gov­ern­ment should do

HT Estates - - NEWS -

Is­sue or­ders to civic bod­ies: If DDA/MCD/ NDMC do not take ac­tion against the vi­o­la­tors, the Delhi gov­ern­ment can is­sue or­ders to the civic bod­ies for de­mo­li­tion of any unau­tho­rised struc­ture

DMs and SDMs can keep a watch: The Delhi gov­ern­ment can also hold the dis­trict mag­is­trate and the sub-di­vi­sional mag­is­trate re­spon­si­ble for not keep­ing a check on il­le­gal con­struc­tion in their ar­eas

Com­ple­tion cer­tifi­cate should be a must: Prop­er­ties from unau­tho­rised colonies are not reg­is­tered in Delhi. Mak­ing a com­ple­tion cer­tifi­cate a manda­tory doc­u­ment for reg­is­tra­tion of any prop­erty will go a long way in check­ing the prob­lem

Strict ac­tion against vi­o­la­tors: Acts of both DDA and MCD pro­hibit il­le­gal con­struc­tion in any part of the city. How­ever, their strict en­force­ment has al­ways been a big chal­lenge

Ex­pe­dite reg­u­lar­i­sa­tion of colonies: Gov­ern­ment should bring civic ameni­ties and in­fra­struc­ture as fast as pos­si­ble so that the is­sue of reg­u­lar­i­sa­tion of 1,639 unau­tho­rised colonies can be ex­pe­dited

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.