HT Estates - - HTESTATES - Su­nil Tyagi

com­pany. There are var­i­ous on­line in­sur­ance plans avail­able in the mar­ket which are much cheaper com­pared to the off­line op­tions avail­able through banks. You can buy th­ese plans on­line over the in­ter­net and as­sign the pol­icy to the bank. may be dif­fer­ent for dif­fer­ent lend­ing in­sti­tu­tions. The max­i­mum age may vary from 58 to 65 years de­pend­ing on the in­come of the in­di­vid­ual. Age also de­ter­mines the ten­ure and EMI of the loan. For eg if an in­di­vid­ual is 35 years old and will re­tire at 60, his/her loan ten­ure will be 60 mi­nus 35 equals 25 years and the EMI will be cal­cu­lated ac­cord­ingly. The longer the ten­ure the lower will be the EMI. The amount of loan el­i­gi­bil­ity will be low at roughly 1.30 times the an­nual in­come.

So, if your an­nual de­clared in­come is ₹ 20 lakh and you have no other li­a­bil­ity, you will be el­i­gi­ble for a loan of ₹ 26 lakh, the EMI for which will be ₹ 84,000 per month for 36 months.

If you are pro­fes­sion­ally qual­i­fied or have a very high de­clared in­come, some for­eign banks might also con­sider ex­tend­ing a eight-year loan to you (pro­vided you are in good health and are able to pro­vide a life in­sur­ance pol­icy for the loan amount which will be fairly ex­pen­sive at your age).

A much bet­ter al­ter­na­tive will be to in­clude your son or daugh­ter as a co-bor­rower to get a longer term loan and a higher loan amount. I own a plot in Noida that was al­lot­ted to me on a lease­hold ba­sis. I wish to trans­fer it to my un­mar­ried daugh­ter. Do I need prior per­mis­sion?

—San­git Shah Yes, you do need prior per­mis­sion to trans­fer your plot in Noida as per the ap­pro­pri­ate pro­ce­dure pre­scribed by Noida Author­ity.

I am a ten­ant and had en­tered into a lease agree­ment for a flat in Delhi for five years as per which I am pay­ing ₹ 10,000 per month as rent. I am now shift­ing out of the city and no longer need to oc­cupy the flat. Can I sub­let the flat?

—Radhe Gupta As per the Trans­fer of Prop­erty Act, 1882, you may sub­let the flat un­less the terms and con­di­tions of your lease agree­ment specif­i­cally pro­hibit you to do so.

I live on the sec­ond floor of a res­i­den­tial build­ing lo­cated in cat­e­gory B colony in Delhi. There is a patho­log­i­cal lab be­ing op­er­ated from the base­ment, ground

and first floor. This in­con­ve­niences me and other res­i­dents of our colony. What re­course do we have?

— Bad­shah Sharma In cat­e­gory A and cat­e­gory B res­i­den­tial colonies, patho­log­i­cal labs lo­cated in plots abut­ting roads which are 18m or more in width, in reg­u­lar plot­ted de­vel­op­ment are gen­er­ally per­mit­ted as per the Master Plan for Delhi 2021, pro­vided it does not in­volve any kind of ob­nox­ious, haz­ardous, in­flammable, non-com­pat­i­ble and pol­lut­ing sub­stance or process.

I am keen to con­struct a house on a one-acre plot in Delhi under the no­ti­fied pol­icy of low-den­sity res­i­den­tial plots. Are there any spe­cific lo­ca­tions in Delhi where such plots are al­lowed?

- Smita Singh The min­istry of ur­ban de­vel­op­ment had is­sued a no­ti­fi­ca­tion two years ago ef­fect­ing amend­ments of pro­vi­sions re­lat­ing to low den­sity res­i­den­tial plots in the Master Plan for Delhi 2021. As per this no­ti­fi­ca­tion, low den­sity resideital plots are per­mis­si­ble only in (i) vil­lages/ar­eas that have been no­ti­fied as low den­sity res­i­den­tial area in the ur­ban ex­ten­sion of Delhi; and (ii) no­ti­fied vil­lages/ar­eas sit­u­ated in the green belt in­Delhi.


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.